Below is a list of known plugins. If a plugin is missing, feel free to add it to this page by submitting a PR with all the required information.
Adds functionality to render an animation without completely reloading the scene on every frame. Has a
Keyframe Editor tab which lets you create and edit keyframes or an option to load
.json files from a folder.
Adds a bloom post-processing filter.
Adds additional BVH's to Chunky.
An AI denoiser using Intel Open Image Denoise. Very effective at reducing noise and can be used to effectively cut render times by orders of magnitude.
Download the release version of the denoiser
.jarfrom the GitHub Repo for the version of Chunky you have.
Version Plugin Version Plugin File Chunky 2.4+ v0.4.0
Chunky 2.0-2.3 v0.3.2
Chunky 1 v0.3.2
Download the Precompiled Intel Open Image Denoise Binary Packages for your OS. (ie for Windows it would be
- Extract the oidn
.zipfile to a chosen location. (ie
- Add and enable the denoising plugin
- After launching Chunky, a new Denoiser tab will be found among the render controls. Expand this tab, next to the
Denoiser there will be a button
...clicking this will open a file selector. Navigate to the installation location and then into bin and select
oidnDenoise.exe. The full path to the Denoiser would be displayed in the text field. For this example it would be:
- Render normally! Profit! The Denoising Plugin with render the Normal and Albedo Map before the Noisy image.
Once the Target SPP is reached the image will be denoised and saved into snapshots with the extension
*.denoised.*. You can also find the original .pfm files in the scenes' directory should you wish to use these for anything.
Discord Rich Presence
Adds Discord rich presence integration to Chunky. Make sure this plugin is loaded after other plugins that change the render manager.
Exports renders as ODS such that an image viewer like Excel can render it.
Adds a JPEG-XL Output mode.
Magick Export Plugin
A Work-In-Progress plugin that adds more render Output modes (ie OpenEXR, PNG16, etc.) using ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick.
This is a plugin for Chunky that adds more octree implementations with a range of uses and benefits. See the GitHub repository for more information and use. Notable implementations:
- Disk Implementation - Caches octree to disk. Extremely slow compared to other octree implementations but bypasses memory limits when loading large worlds.
- Garbage-collected Implementation - Generally faster octree creation / loading times. Higher peak memory usages.
- Dictionary Implementation - Lower memory usage than
PACKED. Slightly slower while rendering and loading.
- Small DAG Implementation - Even lower memory usage than
DICTIONARY. Slightly slower while rendering and loading.
A few more options are available but not listed.
A WIP OpenCL raytracer for Chunky. Not all blocks and features are supported.
This plugin is in early beta state and does not support all Chunky features yet.